Description: The ARM LPC2138 Quick Start Board is a Low Cost ARM Development Board that can be used to quickly evaluate and demonstrate the capabilities of NXP LPC2138 (ARM7TDMI) microcontroller. The QsLPC2138 board is designed to work as a Project board with access to all Port pins for external connection. The ARM LPC2138 Quick Start Board consists of a base board and a header board with microcontroller. The ARM Development board is populated with optimum components and is ideally suitable for Students as well as professionals .
ARM LPC2138 Quick Start Board Features
• Include Base board + Header board
• Compact and Ready to use design
• Professional EMI/RFI Complaint PCB Layout Design for Noise Reduction
• High Quality Two layer PTH PCB
ARM LPC2138 Quick Start Base Board Features
• Supports ARM LPC2132 / LPC2138 / LPC2129 / LPC2148* Header Boards
• Includes ARM LPC2138 Header Board
• No separate programmer required (On-Chip Boot loader)
• No Separate power adapter required (USB power source)
• Screw terminal for External power Supply
• Power Supply range of 7V to 20V
• RS-232 Interface (MAX3232) for direct connection to PC’s serial port (COM 0)
• On Board TTL to RS232 Converter (COM 1)
• On Board Power LED Indicator
• On Board LED Connected via Jumper to I/O pin
• On Board Reset button
• All Port Pins available at Berge Strip and at Round Machine-cut female connector
• On Board ARM JTAG Connector for Debugging/Programming
• Can be used as header board for developing applications
• Power Supply Reverse Polarity Protection
• On Board 1 Amp Voltage Regulator
• On Board Connector for regulated 3V3 output for your application
ARM LPC2138 Header Board Features
• Easy to use DIP Package
• Includes ARM LPC2138 Microcontroller
• On Board Power LED Indicator
• On Board ARM JTAG Jumper
• On Board 10 MHz Crystal Oscillator
• On Board 32.768 KHz Crystal for RTC
• On Board 3.3V Regulator
• On Board Power Supply de-Coupling Capacitors
• All Port Pins available at Berge Strip
• Header Module can be removed for developing your circuit
ARM LPC2138 Chip Specification
• NXP LPC2138 with 10 MHz Crystal Oscillator (With Boot loader Software)
• High Performance 32-bit ARM7TDMI-S™ CPU
• 512 KB Programmable Flash Memory provides minimum of 10,000 erase/write cycles and
10 years of data-retention.
• 32 KB Data Memory (SRAM)
• In-System/In-Application Programming (ISP/IAP) via on-chip boot-loader software.
• Single Flash sector or full chip erase in 400 ms and 256 bytes programming in 1 ms.
• EmbeddedICE and Embedded Trace interfaces offer real-time debugging with the
on-chip RealMonitor™ software and high speed tracing of instruction execution.
• Two 8-channel 10-bit A/D with conversion times as low as 2.44 us per channel.
• Single 10-bit D/A converter provide variable analog output.
• Two 32-bit Timers/External event counters.
• Four Capture and four Compare channels.
• PWM unit with six output pins.
• Low power Real-time clock with independent power and dedicated 32 kHz clock input.
• Multiple serial interfaces including two UARTs, two Fast I2C (400 kbit/s), SPI™ and SSP
with buffering and variable data length capabilities.
• Vectored interrupt controller with configurable priorities and vector addresses.
• Up to 47 of 5 V tolerant general purpose I/O pins.
• Up to nine edge or level sensitive external interrupt pins.
• 60 MHz maximum CPU clock available from programmable on-chip Phase-Locked
Loop (PLL) with settling time of 100us.
• On-chip integrated oscillator operates with external crystal in range of 1 MHz to 30 MHz
or with external oscillator from 1 MHz to 50 MHz.
• Power saving modes include Idle and Power-down.
• Individual enable/disable of peripheral functions.
• Processor wake-up from Power-down mode via external interrupt or Real-time Clock.
• Single power supply chip with Power-On Reset (POR) and Brown-Out Detection (BOD:
• CPU Operating Voltage range of 3.0 V to 3.6 V
ARM LPC2138 Quick Start Board Package Includes
• Fully Assembled and Tested ARM LPC2129 Quick Start Board
• USB Cable ( To Power The Board )
• RS232 Serial Port Cable
• CDROM with
Sample Hex Code
Development Enviornment (IDE)-Evaluation Version
C Compiler (Evaluation Version)
ARM LPC2138 Datasheet