Description: It is a high gain GPS Receiver (RS232) made with ultra small High gain third generation POT (Patch Antenna On Top) GPS module. Yes, there is no prior configurations required , just apply power (7V) by DC adpater or to RMC Connector from a battery or USB , your data (NMEA 0183) is ready at TX pin !. This is a stand alone GPS Module and requires no external components .It has a very compact and easy to integrate design with the ultimate tracking performances. The USB is only to power up the GPS, data will be available only at RS232 Port. so you will be able to power the GPS via USB and receive the data using RS232. No separate power Required.
With the use high gain GPS engine providing a solution that high position and speed accuracy performances as well as high sensitivity and tracking capabilities in urban conditions & provides standard NMEA0183 strings in “raw” mode for any microcontroller. The module provides current time, date, latitude, longitude, speed, altitude and travel direction / heading among other data, and can be used in a host of applications, including navigation, tracking systems, fleet management,mapping and robotics.
The GPS chipsets inside the module are designed by MediaTek Inc.,which is the world's leading digital media solution provider and largest fab-less IC company in Taiwan. The module can support up to 66 channels. The GPS solution enables small form factor devices. They deliver major advancements in GPS performances, accuracy, integration, computing power and flexibility. They are designed to simplify the embedded system integration process.
Note: rhydoLABZ wiki has extensive contents showing you how to get started on with this GPS Module. Kindly visit our wiki page for any reference.
GPS Receiver RS232 Features:
- MediaTek MT3329 Chipset, L1 Frequency, C/A code, 66 Channels
- RS232 Interface via DB9 Connector
- USB MiniB type connector for Power
- 7 VDC supply @ 55 mA (typical)
- Data output Baud rate: 9600 bps(Default)
- Standard NMEA0183 output format
- Low Power Consumption: 55mA @ acquisition, 40mA @ tracking
- High Sensitivity, -165 dBm, TCXO Design , superior urban performances
- Position Accuracy: <3.0M 2D-RMS
- DGPS (WAAS/EGNOS/MASA/GAGAN) Support
- Multi-path Compensation ; E-GSM-900 Band Rejection
- Cold Start is Under 36 seconds (Typical)
- Warm Start is Under 34 seconds (Typical)
- Hot Start is Under 1 second (Typical)
- Max. Update Rate : 5Hz (Default: 1 Hz)
Documents & Downloads:
- 1x GPS Receiver-RS232 Serial (with inbuilt Antenna)
- 1x RMC connecter (2 Pin)