Description: This RFID Access Control Shield transforms your Arduino to an access control device. It comes with EM-18 compatible micro RFID unit onboard. This shield includes almost everything that an access control system requires. Onboard Relay driving circuitry helps your Arduino to control magnetic locks, solenoid valve etc. The 5V buzzer provided on board can be used for indicating the RFID card acceptance, say single beep for card acceptance and double beep for rejection.
Relay pins are available on a 3-pin screw terminal (NO,NC,COM) along with a 2-pin screw terminal for powering the 12V relay. Three LEDs are provided on board; STS, RLY and PWR. PWR indicates the power while RLY indicates relay actuation. STS comes in direct connection with an Arduino pin (D12) and it can be controlled in accordance with your Arduino sketch.
The shield is provided with an on board DPDT sliding switch which helps you to connect the RFID module either to your PC (via Arduino USB) or to your Arduino. This feature helps you to configure/test the RFID module before actually using it in your project, this eliminates the need for any separate RFID development board. In addition there are two other onboard switches for ease of access, SW1 to reset your arduino and SW2 in connection with GPIO(D10). This shield comes with a couple of jumper connections for ease of use.
||Enables/Disables Buzzer (Short - Enable, Open - Disable)
||Selects between hardware UART and software UART
||Switches Buzzer between Arduino & Module
||Output format selection (Short - WEIGAND 26, Open - TTL Serial)
Switching buzzer to module (using jumper J6) automatically triggers the buzzer whenever a RFID tag is read by the reader. The shield does come with headers pre-installed, just plug it and your arduino is ready to read RFID tags. Do burn a proper sketch before trying to read any tags ;)
Note: If you are using multiple shields, make sure this shield stays on top of all others.
- Compatible with all Arduino Boards
- Professionally Designed Double sided FR-4 PTH PCB
- On board EM-18 compatible μRFID, also supports ID-3LA module.
- Onboard DPDT switch allows you to select the destination for RFID Output (PC or Arduino)
- Onboard Relay with screw terminals for connection
- Onboard Buzzer for Audio alert (could be switched between arduino/module via jumper)
- TTL serial interface with Arduino
- Pinout for WIEGAND output of EM-18 Module
- Operating voltage range 3.3V to 5.5V
- Operating frequency 125kHz
- Current Rating < 50mA
- Reading distance 10–15 cm
- Communication parameters 9600bps, 8-N-1
- Supports Tags which work at 125kHz
- Arduino Reset button brought out on shield for easy accessibility.
- Additional switch in connection with GPIO pin
- 3 LEDS ,Power, Relay Status and Program controlled
- 1x RFID Access Control Shield with μRFID
There are currently no any question about this product.