SIM808 GSM/GPRS/GPS UART modem, is a high quality commercial grade product from rhydoLABZ, which is professionally designed with impedance matching RF PCB designs and is built with Quad Band GSM/GPRS engine-SIM808 from SIMCOM, works on frequencies 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHzwhich combines GPS technology for satellite navigation. The GSM/GPRS/GPS Modem is having internal TCP/IP stack to enable you to connect with internet via GPRS. It is suitable for Tracking,SMS, Voice as well as DATA transfer application in M2M interface and vehicle tracking applications.
The Modem is coming with selectable interfacing voltage,which allows you to connect 2V8 to 5V, including 3V3. Microcontroller can directly connect without any extra level conversion chips. Onboard TXB0104 voltage level translator IC which helps us to interface with 2.8V to 5V MicroControllers. The modem can be configured to start automaticaly or manually, an SMD switch has been provided to ON/OFF manually.The modem will work with 5-12V DC, which can be fed either through onboard RMC connector. The modem is powered by High current Low Dropout Linear Voltage regulator so as to with stand high surge current requirement (may rise up to 2A).
Flap type SIM Socket has been provided on bottom side of the board to reduce the PCB size and the SIM Pins are protected from antistatic high voltages using onboard Transient Suppressors. All audio interface connections are available on RMC connector after necessary filter circuits.The Modem is populated with Edge mountable SMA Connector for GSM & GPS Antenna ,apart from that optional UFL connector has been provided for external High Gain GSM/GPS Antennas. User can select either Patch antena or External Active antenna for GPS .Highly stable power suply has been provided for external GSP Active antenna with LNA. USB connector has been provided for updating the module Firmware if needed. 3LED's are provided to indicate the modem status. Most of the Serial port interfaces are made available at Bergstrip connector along with Audio interface connections, which can be used if needed in your circuits.The Modem is manufactured with Automatic Pick and place machine with high quality standard. The baud rate is configurable from 9600-115200 through AT command.
Note: rhydoLABZ wiki has extensive contents showing you how to get started, how to configure the GSM/GPRS/GPS TTL UART Modem and other details such as pinout, schematic etc. Kindly visit our wiki page for any reference.
Features of SIM808 GSM/GPRS/GPS UART modem
- High Quality Product(Not hobby grade)
- Professionally Designed Modem with Impedance Maching Layout.
- Manufactured by Fully Automatic Pick and Place Machine.
- Onboard SMA connector for GSM antenna
- Onboard UFL connector for External GSM Antenna
- Onboard SMA & UFL connector for GPS Antenna
- Option to Connect Patch antenna or Active Antenna for GPS
- Onboard 3V3 Voltage regulator for GPS External Active Antenna
- Onboard Micro USB Connector for module firmware updation
- Automatic and Manual Start option (SMD Switch has provided for Manual Startup)
- LM39302 linear voltage regulator is used for provides a low-dropout, high-current output
- onboard RMC connector for power supply
- onboard RMC connector for audio interface
- onboard Connector for connecting 3.7V Li-Po battery
- zener diode is used to prevent Accidental over voltage
- onboard TXB0104 voltage level translator IC which helps us to interface with 2.8V to 5V MicroControllers
- onboard LED for power indication, Network and status.
- Header option for interfacing ADC,I2c,PWM
- Four 3MM Mounting Holes are Provided
- Flap Type SIM Card Connecor
- Onboard Anti Static Protection IC
- Easy to Make and receive voice calls,Send and receive SMS messages
- Input voltage : 5V-12V DC Operation
- Working temperature:-40°C ~85°C
Specification of SIM808 GSM/GPRS/GPS UART modem
- Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 12/10
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+ – Class 4 (2 W @ 850/900MHz) – Class 1 (1 W @ 1800/1900MHz)
- Dimensions: 24*24*2.6mm
- Control via AT commands (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Supply voltage range 3.4 ~ 4.4V
- Low power consumption
- Operation temperature:-40°C ~85°C
- Power supply : 3.4V ~ 4.4V
- Charging : Supports charging control for Li-Ion battery
Specifications for GPRS Data
- GPRS class 12: max. 85.6 kbps (downlink/uplink)
- PBCCH support
- Coding schemes CS 1, 2, 3, 4
Specifications for SMS via GSM/GPRS
- Point to point MO and MT
- SMS cell broadcast
- Text and PDU mode
Specification for GPS
- Receiver type
- 22 tracking /66 acquisition
- channel-GPS L1 C/A code
- Tracking: -165 dBm
- Cold starts : -148 dBm
- Cold starts: 32s (typ.)
- Hot starts: <1s
- Warm starts: 3s
- Accuracy-Horizontal position : <2.5m CEP
• AT cellular command interface
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.