The SIM5360E 3G/GSM/GPRS/GPS UART modem, a high quality commercial grade product from rhydoLABZ, which is professionally designed with impedance matching RF PCB designs and, is built with Dual-Band UMTS/HSPA+ 900/2100MHz and Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz which combines GPS technology for satellite navigation. The SIM5360E Modem is having internal TCP/IP stack to enable you to connect with internet via 3G/GPRS. It is suitable for Tracking, SMS, Voice as well as DATA transfer application in M2M interface and vehicle tracking applications. The modem will work with 5-12V DC, which can be fed either through onboard RMC connector. The modem is powered by High current Low Dropout Linear Voltage regulator so as to with stand high surge current requirement (may rise up to 2A).
This 3G Modem is coming with selectable interfacing voltage, which allows you to connect 2V8 to 5V, including 3V3. Microcontroller can directly connect without any extra level conversion chips irrespective of voltage level. Onboard TXB0104 voltage level translator IC which helps us to interface with 2.8V to 5V MicroControllers. In default the modem is configured to start automaticaly, and can be controlled manually through PKEY pins on header pin on RMC connector. Most of the required I/O pins are made available at Bergstrip Headers (connector not populated). Most of the serial port status and control pins are also made available on separate RMC Connectors. The 3G UART Modem is populated also with microSDcard socket, which can be used for storing datas, including GPS logging.
The baud rate is configurable from 9600-115200 through AT command. The SIM5360E 3G/GSM/GPRS/GPS UART modem is having internal TCP/IP stack to enable you to connect with internet via 3G/GPRS. It is suitable for Tracking, SMS, Voice as well as DATA transfer application in M2M interface and vehicle tracking applications.
Sliding type Micro SIM Socket has been provided on bottom side of the board to reduce the PCB size and the SIM Pins are protected from antistatic high voltages using onboard Transient Suppressors. PCB Header Option has been provided for audio interface connections (PCM). The Modem is populated with Edge mountable SMA Connector for GSM & GPS Antenna, apart from that optional UFL connector has been provided for external High Gain GSM/GPS Antennas. User can select either Patch antena or External Active antenna for GPS. Highly stable power suply has been provided for external GSP Active antenna with LNA. USB connector has been provided for updating the module Firmware if needed. 3LED's are provided to indicate the modem status. Most of the Serial port interfaces are made available at Bergstrip connector along with Audio interface connections, which can be used if needed in your circuits. The Modem is manufactured with Automatic Pick and place machine with high quality standard. The baud rate is configurable from 9600-115200 through AT command.
The Modem is manufactured with Automatic Pick and place machine with high quality standard. The onboard Low dropout 3A Power supply allows you to connect wide range unregulated power supply(5V-12V). Using this modem, you can make audio calls, SMS, Read SMS, attend the incoming calls, access internet etc through simple AT commands.
Note: rhydoLABZ wiki has extensive contents showing you how to get started, how to configure the SIM5360E 3G/GSM/GPRS/GPS UART modem and other details such as pinout, schematic etc. Kindly visit our wiki page for any reference.
Features of SIM5360E 3G/GSM/GPRS/GPS UART modem
- High Quality Product(Not hobby grade)
- Professionally Designed Modem with Impedance Maching Layout.
- Manufactured by Fully Automatic Pick and Place Machine.
- Onboard SMA connector for GSM antenna
- Onboard UFL connector for External GSM Antenna
- Onboard SMA & UFL connector for GPS Antenna
- Option to Connect Patch antenna or Active Antenna for GPS
- Onboard 3V3 Voltage regulator for GPS External Active Antenna
- Onboard Micro USB Connector for module firmware updation
- LM39302 linear voltage regulator is used for provides a low-dropout, high-current output
- Onboard RMC connector for power supply
- Onboard TXB0104 voltage level translator IC which helps us to interface with 2.8V to 5V MicroControllers
- Onboard LED for power indication, Network and status.
- Header option for interfacing ADC,I2c
- Micro SIM Card Connecor
- Built with microSD card connector
- Onboard Anti Static Protection IC
- Four 3MM Mounting Holes are Provided
- Input voltage : 5V-12V DC Operation
- Working temperature:-40°C ~85°C
Specification of SIM5360E 3G/GSM/GPRS/GPS UART module
- - Dual-Band UMTS/HSPA+ 900/2100MHz
- - Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 12
- EDGE multi-slot class 12
- Output power
- UMTS 850/1900: 0.25W
- UMTS 900/2100: 0.25W
- GSM850/GSM900: 2W
- DCS1800/PCS1900: 1W
- Control Via AT Commands
- Supply voltage range: 3.4V~ 4.2V
Specifications for GPS
- CELL assistant Location (No GPS)
- A-GPS: MS-Based, MS-Assisted
- Stand-alone GPS
- QUALCOMM XTRA GPS mode
Specifications for Data transfer
- Max. 14.4Mbps(DL), Max. 5.76Mbps(UL)
- Max. 384Kbps(DL), Max. 384Kbps(UL)
- EDGE Class:
- Max. 236.8Kbps(DL), Max. 236.8Kbps(UL)
- Max. 85.6Kbps(DL), Max. 85.6Kbps(UL)
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.