SIM800 is a quad-band GSM/GPRS module designed for the global market. It works on frequencies GSM 850MHz, EGSM 900MHz, DCS 1800MHz and PCS 1900MHz. SIM800 features GPRS multi-slot class 12/ class 10 (optional) and supports the GPRS coding schemes CS-1, CS-2, CS-3 and CS-4. With a tiny configuration of 24*24*3mm, SIM800 can meet almost all the space requirements in users’ applications, such as M2M, smart phone, PDA and other mobile devices. SIM800 has 68 SMT pads, and provides all hardware interfaces between the module and customers’ boards. SIM800 is designed with power saving technique so that the current consumption is as low as 1.2mA in sleep mode. SIM800 integrates TCP/IP protocol and extended TCP/IP AT commands which are very useful for data transfer applications.
SIM800 VS SIM900:
||Supports SPI only
||TXD and RXD Debug
||3.4 ~ 4.4V
||3.2 ~ 4.8V
- Support up to 5*5*2 Keypads.
- One full function UART port, and can be configured to two independent serial ports.
- One USB port can be used as debugging and firmware upgrading.
- Audio channels which include a microphone input and a receiver output.
- Programmable general purpose input and output.
- One SIM card interface.
- Support Bluetooth function.
- Support one PWM.
- PCM/SPI/SD card interface, only one function can be accessed synchronously.
- Power supply 3.4V ~ 4.4V
- Typical power consumption in sleep mode is 1.2mA
- Frequency bands GPRS multi-slot class 12
- Support SIM card: 1.8V, 3V
- Serial Port: Can be used for AT commands for data stream
- USB Port: Can be used as debugging and firmware upgrading