GSM / GPRS MODEM - SIM900A - RS232, from rhydoLABZ, is same as the GSM-1964 except that the RMC Connector is populated instead of DB9 Connector. The Modem is built with Dual Band GSM/GPRS engine- SIM900A, works on frequencies 900/ 1800 MHz. The Modem is coming with RS232 interface, which allows you connect PC as well as microcontroller with RS232 Chip(MAX232). The baud rate is configurable from 9600-115200 through AT command. The GSM/GPRS Modem is having internal TCP/IP stack to enable you to connect with internet via GPRS. It is suitable for SMS, Voice as well as DATA transfer application in M2M interface.
Note: rhydoLABZ wiki has extensive contents which would help you on topics such as, how to get started, how to configure the GSM/GPRS Modem-RS232 Modem and also other details such as pinout, schematic etc. Kindly visit our wiki page for any reference.
Note: Please note that SIM900A is a dual-band module suitable only for Asian countries. For world wide usage please choose GSM/GPRS modems embedded with SIM900 module.
The Modem is manufactured with Automatic Pick and place machine with high quality standard.The onboard Low dropout 3A Power supply allows you to connect wide range unregulated power supply . Using this modem,you can make audio calls, SMS, Read SMS, attend the incoming calls and internet ect through simple AT commands.
GSM / GPRS MODEM - SIM900A Features:
- High Quality Product (Not hobby grade)
- Dual-Band GSM/GPRS 900/ 1800 MHz
- RS232 interface for direct communication with computer or MCU kit
- Configurable baud rate
- SMA connector with GSM Antenna.
- SIM Card holder.
- Built in Network Status LED
- Inbuilt Powerful TCP/IP protocol stack for internet data transfer over GPRS.
- Audio interface Connector
- Normal operation temperature: -20 °C to +55 °C
- Input Voltage: 5V-12V DC
SIM900A General Specification:
- Dual-Band 900/ 1800 MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
- Class 4 (2 W @ 900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1 W @ 1800MHz)
- Dimensions: 24x24x3mm
- Weight: 3.4g
- Control via AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- SIM application toolkit
- Supply voltage range : 3.2 ... 4.8V
- Low power consumption: 1.0mA(sleep mode)
- Operation temperature: -40°C to +85 °C
GSM / GPRS MODEM - SIM900A Package:
- 1x Fully Assembled and Tested GSM Modem with antenna.
- 1x 2 Pin Female RMC connector (2mm)
- 1x 4 Pin Female RMC connector (2mm)
- 1x 5 Pin Female RMC connector (2mm)
GSM/GPRS MODEM - SIM900A Resources: