Quectel EC20 Series
LTE Cat-3 Modem
The EC20CE 4G LTE/3G HSPA+/2G/GSM/GPRS/GNSS UART modem, a high quality commercial and industrial grade product from rhydoLABZ, which is professionally designed with impedance matching RF PCB designs and, is built with IoT/M2M-optimized Multi-Band LTE CAT3 module from Quectel having downlink speed up to 100Mbps and uplink speed up to 50Mbps. This Modem based on EC20CE module from QUECTEL, will automatically fallback to 3G UMTS/HSPA+ and 2G mode in the absence of 4G Network , which will enable you to use it across the entire country including remote villages where 4G/3G towers are less populated . Since this modem supports GNSS ,customer can make use of Geo Location identification using (GPS, GLONASS) Satellite networks.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces and abundant functionalities (USB serial drivers for Windows7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android) extend the applicability of the MODEM to a wide range of M2M and IoT applications such as industrial router, industrial PDA, rugged tablet PC, video surveillance, and digital signage.The module also combines high-speed wireless connectivity with
embedded multi-constellation high-sensitivity GPS+GLONASS receiver greatly simplifies product design, and provides quicker, more accurate and dependable positioning.
The Modem is populated with Edge mountable SMA Connector for MAIN & GPS Antenna. Apart from that, optional UFL connector has been provided for external High Gain 4G LTE / GPS Antennas. Using onboard PCB jumper user has an option to select either Passive Patch antenna or External Active antenna for GNSS/GPS. Highly stable power supply has been provided for external GNSS/GSP Active antenna with LNA. All this antennae networks are carefully designed with RF PCB design layouts and proper impedance matching networks for ensuring maximum signal gain and RF power delivery. Apart from the Main RF antenna , another onboard UFL connector is provided to connect Diversity Antenna if needed. Third UFL connector or Second SMA connector is intended to Connect GPS Antenna and PCB jumper options are provided to connect either Passive GPS antenna (Patch Antenna) or Powered Active antenna.
This modem is built with Low dropout Voltage Regulator having current capacity of 3Amp to deliver enough current on demand, which will help modem to works properly on low signal range environments. Modem can be powered by DC voltage ranges from 5V DC to 12V DC. This 4G LTE CAT3 Modem is coming with selectable interfacing voltage based on user development environment, which allows you to connect 2V8 to 5V, including 3V3 Microcontroller without any extra level conversion IC irrespective of voltage level. In order to attain High Speed data communication between Modem and External Microcontroller, we decided to use TXB0108 voltage level translator IC, which also helps us to interface the Modem with 2.8V to 5V Microcontroller.
Apart from the Power, most of the important Status, Control ,UART Communications and LED pins are made available at on board 2MM pitch RMC Connectors to ease the interface with your microcontroller boards.The RMC connectors are separated based on its function and usability. All PCM Audio pins are available at 2 Row connector pads and other GPIO Pins including Debugging pins are available at another two row connector Pads for easy access. For simple application ,user can make use of just two RMC connectors like Power ,Communications and leave all other RMC connector pins as unconnected. Advanced users can make use of other RMC connectors for getting more functions.
The modem is populated with Push-Pull type Micro SIM socket along with Micro SD Card socket on bottom of the board. A Micro USB Connector is also provided as USB interface. Connectors like SIM socket,USB ports and Antenna Connectors are protected from Anti Static High Voltages using ESD protection ICs. 4 Nos onboard SMD LEDs are provided to know the modem status like Power, Status,N Mode and Net. Most of the required I/O pins are made available at Bergstrip Headers (connector not populated). Most of the serial port status and control pins are also made available on separate RMC Connectors. The 4G LTE UART Modem is populated also with micro SD card socket, which can be used for storing data, including GPS logging.
In order to reduce power consumption , Modem power ON/OFF options are provided on RMC connector . User can Turn ON/OFF the modem power supply using this pin from an external microcontroller. Apart from this PKEY pins are also made out of connector to Start and Stop the modem externally. In order to reduce the GPIO pins required to control the modem , by default the modem is configured to start automatically once it is powered and if needed it can be controlled manually through PKEY pins available on RMC connector.
The baud rate is configurable from 9600 through AT command.The onboard Low dropout 3A Regulated Power supply allows you to connect wide range unregulated power supply(5V-12V). Using this modem, you can make calls, SMS, Read SMS, attend the incoming calls, access internet etc through simple AT commands.
Note: This EC20CE 4G UART modem is coming with VoLTE support , which will enable you to use JIO sim card on it.
Made in INDIA: The Modem is manufactured in fully automatic SMT production line at our own factory in INDIA. It is not a student grade low quality product or low cost china make products available in the market. It is designed and manufactured for industrial and commercial use .
Features of EC20CE modem
- Built with Quectel EC20CEFILG-128-SGNS Module
- IoT/M2M-optimized Multi-Band 4G LTE CAT3 module from Quectel
- High Quality Professionally Designed Modem(Made in INDIA)
- Works in 4G LTE/ 3G UMTS/HSPA+ /2G GSM GPRS Networks
- Automatic Fallback to 3G UMTS/HSPA+ /2G GSM GPRS mode in the absence of 4G Network
- Built in GNSS Geo Location Detection (GPS, GLONASS) Protocol: NMEA 0183
- High Speed Data Transfer( Downlink speed up to 150Mbps and uplink speed up to 50Mbps)
- MIMO technology meets demands for data rate and link reliability in modem wireless communication systems
- Internet Protocol:
- TCP/UDP/PPP/FTP/HTTP/SMTP/MMS/NTP/PING/QMI protocols, PAP (Password Authentication Protocol) and CHAP (Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol)
- Supports DFOTA and DTMF
- Antenna: DL MIMO 2 × 2, Support Rx-diversity
- Support VoLTE to work with Jio sim
- Support USIM/SIM card: 1.8V, 3.0V
- Support LTE/WCDMA/TD-SCDMA/CDMA Rx-diversity
- Onboard SMA connectors for 4G LTE Main antenna & GPS Active or Passive Antenna
- Onboard 3Nos UFL connector for External 4G LTE Main,Diversity Antenna and GPS Antenna
- Option to Connect Patch antenna or Active Antenna for GPS
- Onboard 3V3 Voltage regulator for GPS External Active Antenna
- Onboard Micro USB Connector for USB Communication and module firmware updating
- Micro SIM Card Connector ( Push-Pull Type) , on bottom of the PCB.
- Built with microSD card connector on bottom of the PCB.
- All important Status , Control and Communication pins are made available at Different RMC Connectors.
- Option to Turn ON/OFF Modem power using Host Microcontroller GPIO pins .
- LM39302 3Amp linear voltage regulator is used for providing a low-dropout, high-current output.
- Onboard TXB0108 voltage level translator IC which helps us to interface with 2.8V to 5V MicroControllers
- Onboard LED for power indication, Network , N Mode and status.
- Onboard Tactile switch has been populated to Turn ON/OFF the modem manually, if needed.
- Internal TVS is used to prevent Accidental over voltage
- Header option for interfacing ADC,I2C,SPI
- Populated with Anti Static ESD Protection ICs
- 4 Nos of 3MM Screw Mounting Holes are Provided
- Input voltage : 5V-12V DC / 2Amp
- Working temperature:-40°C ~85°C
Specifications of EC20CEFILG-128-SGNS 4G LTE CAT3 module
||-35°C to +75°C
||-40°C to +85°C
||GNSS GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou (Compass)/ Galileo/QZSS (Optional)
|Specifications for Data transfer of EC25-E Module
|LTE-FDD Data Rates (Mbps)
||Max 100Mbps (DL)/Max 50Mbps (UL)
|LTE-TDD Data Rates (Mbps)
||Max 61Mbps (DL)/Max 18Mbps (UL)
|DC-HSPA+ Data Rates (Mbps)
||Max 42Mbps (DL)/Max 5.76Mbps (UL)
|WCDMA Data Rates (kbps)
||Max 384Kbps (DL)/Max 384Kbps (UL)
|EDGE Data Rates (kbps)
||Max 236.8Kbps (DL)/Max 236.8Kbps (UL)
|GPRS Data Rates (kbps)
||Max 85.6Kbps (DL)/Max 85.6Kbps (UL)
Outer Dimension of the Board
- 1 x EC-20CE 4G LTE /3G UMTS/HSPA+/ 2G/GSM/GPRS/GPS UART modem
- 1 x 4G LTE Antenna
- 1 x GPS external antenna
- 1 x 2 pin RMC connector
- 2 x 3 pin RMC connector
- 1 x 4 pin RMC connector
- 1 x 6 pin RMC connector
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.