SIMCOM A7672S-FASE Series
LTE Cat 1 Modem with GNSS (GPS)
A7672S is the LTE CAT 1 module which supports wireless communication modes of LTE-FDD/GSM/GPRS/EDGE. It supports maximum 10Mbps downlink rate and 5Mbps uplinkrate. A7672S adopts LCC+LGA form factor and is compatible with SIM7000/SIM7070 series (NB/Cat M modules), and SIM800A/SIM800F(2G modules), which enables smooth migration from 2G/NB/Cat M products to LTE Cat 1 products, and greatly facilitates more compatible product design for the customer needs. A7672S supports multiple built-in network protocols and drivers for main operation systems (USB driver for Windows, Linux and Android). The software functions, AT commands are compatible with the SIM800 series modules. Meanwhile A7672S also supports GNSS*.
This CAT1 4G-LTE / 2G / GSM/ GPRS/ GNSS /GPS Modem ( UART / USB ) Support Automatic 2G Fallback(incase 4G networks are not available) and GNSS (GPS) with Active or Passive Antenna. This modem Support communication through both USB and UART. The Modem has an option to populate (on request) Edge mountable SMA Connector for 4G LTE Antenna and an optional UFL connector has been provided for connecting external High Gain 4G LTE Antenna, if needed. Another UFL connector is provided for GNSS antenna. Using onboard PCB jumper user can select either Passive Patch antenna or External Active antenna for GNSS/GPS. Highly stable Low Dropout power supply has been provided for external GNSS/GSP Active antenna with LNA. All this antennae networks are carefully designed with RF PCB design layouts and proper impedance matching networks for ensuring maximum signal gain and RF power delivery.
This 4G LTE CAT1 modem is built with Low dropout Voltage Regulator having current capacity of 3Amp to deliver enough current on demand, which will help modem to works properly on low signal range environments like remote villages on 2G Networks. Modem can be powered by DC voltage ranges from 5V DC to 12V DC. This 4G LTE CAT4 Modem is coming with selectable interfacing voltages based on user development environment, which allows you to connect 2V8 to 5V, including 3V3 or 5V Microcontroller without any extra level conversion IC, irrespective of voltage level. In order to attain High Speed data communication between Modem and External Microcontroller, we decided to use dedicated TXB0108 voltage level translator IC, instead of MOSFET or Diode/Resistor based Level conversion , which also helps us to interface the Modem with 2.8V to 5V Microcontroller.
Apart from the Power, most of the important Status, Control ,UART Communications and LED pins are made available at on board 2MM pitch RMC Connectors to ease the interface with your microcontroller boards.The RMC connectors are separated based on its function and usability.For simple application ,user can make use of just two RMC connectors like Power ,Communications and leave all other RMC connector pins as unconnected. Advanced users can make use of other RMC connectors for utilising more built in functions.An audio jack has been provided for connecting Headphone and all audio pins are made available at Bergstrip connbector for external connectivity, if needed.
In order to reduce power consumption,while using with battery powered application, Modem power ON/OFF options are provided on RMC connector. User can Turn ON/OFF the modem power supply using this pin from an external microcontroller. Apart from this, PKEY pins are also made out of connector to Start and Stop the modem externally using microcontroller or switches. In order to reduce the GPIO pins required to control the modem, by default the modem is configured to start automatically once it is powered and if needed it can be controlled manually through PKEY pin, available on RMC connector, by removing the factory shorted PCB jumper.
By default The modem is populated with Push-Pull type Micro SIM socket on top of the board, but can supply with Flap type SIM socket if needed. A Micro USB Connector is also provided as USB interface. Connectors like SIM socket,USB ports and Antenna Connectors are protected from Anti Static High Voltages using ESD protection ICs. 3 Nos onboard SMD LEDs are provided to know the modem status like POWER, STATUS and NET. Most of the required I/O pins are made available on Berg strip Headers (connector not populated) and the serial port status and control pins are also made available on separate RMC Connectors.
The onboard Micro USB Connector helps you to connect the modem to PCB or Raspberry pi computer for interfacing with Software applications. The baud rate is configurable from 9600 through AT command.The onboard Low dropout 3A Regulated Power supply allows you to connect wide range unregulated power supply(5V-12V). Using this modem, you can make calls, SMS, Read SMS, attend the incoming calls, access internet etc through simple AT commands.
Note 1: A7672S 4G-LTE/2G/GSM/GPRS/GNSS UART modem is coming with VoLTE support , which will enable you to use JIO sim card on it..
Note 2: Incase you are looking for modem without GNSS(GPS) , please refer this item.
Made in INDIA: This Modem is manufactured in fully automatic SMT production line at our own factory in INDIA. It is not a student grade low quality product or low cost china make products available in the market. It is designed and manufactured for industrial and commercial use .
Features of A7672S-FASE modem
- High quality & professionally designed Modem(Made in INDIA)
- Built with SIMCOM A7672S-FASE Module
- CAT1 High speed data transfer( Downlink speed up to 10Mbps and uplink speed up to 5Mbps)
- Works in 4G LTE/ 2G GSM GPRS Networks
- Automatic Fallback to 2G GSM GPRS mode in the absence of 4G Network
- Built in GNSS Geo Location Detection,Protocol: NMEA 0183
- Onboard Micro USB connector for USB2 Interface.
- Internet Protocol:TCP/IP/IPV4/IPV6/Multi-PDP/FTP/HTTP/DNS
- Support RNDIS/PPP/ECM ,MQTT/MQTTS ,TLS1.2 ,LBS ,TTS* WIFI Scan
- Firmware update via USB/FOTA*
- Support VoLTE to work with Jio SIM
- Support USIM/SIM card: 1.8V, 3.0V
- Modem Support UART and USB Communication
- Option to populate SMA connector for 4G LTE main antenna.
- Onboard 2Nos UFL connector for External 4G LTE Main,GPS/GNSS antenna
- Option to use either GPS Patch antenna or GPS Active Antenna
- Onboard 3V3 Voltage regulator for GPS External Active Antenna
- Onboard Micro USB Connector for USB Communication and module firmware updating
- Micro SIM Card Connector ( Push-Pull Type) , on Top of the PCB.
- All important Status , Control and Communication pins are made available at Different RMC Connectors.
- Option to Turn ON/OFF Modem power using Host Microcontroller GPIO pins .
- Linear LDO voltage regulator is used for providing a low-dropout, high-current output.
- Onboard TXB0108 voltage level translator IC which helps us to interface with 2.8V to 5V Microcontroller
- Onboard LED for power indication, Network and status.
- Audio Jack has been provided for connecting HeadPhone and Audio Pins are made available at Berg strip Pins.
- Modem Populated with Anti Static ESD Protection ICs
- 4 Nos of 3MM Screw Mounting Holes are Provided
- Input voltage : 5V-12V DC
- Working temperature:-40°C ~85°C
Specifications of A7672-FASE 4G LTE CAT1 module
||-35°C to +75°C
||-40°C to +85°C
|Specifications for Data transfer of Module
|Uplink up to
|Downlink up to
|EDGE Uplink/Downlink up to
|GPRS Uplink/Downlink up to
Outer Dimension of the Board
- 1 x A7672S 4G-LTE / 2G / GNSS /GPS Modem ( UART / USB )
- 1 x 4G LTE Antenna
- 1 x GPS external Active antenna
- 2 x SMA Female to UFL Connector With Cable
- 1 x 2 pin RMC connector
- 1 x 4 pin RMC connector
- 1 x 5 pin RMC connector
- 1 x 6 pin RMC connector
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.