USB to RS422/RS485 board with isolation is a new product from rhydoLABZ. It is suitable for most applications including industrial, commercial and any general office computer device. It is a bi-directional (meaning it communicates in both directions), reliable and cost-effective converter that easily lets you to connect any RS-485 or RS-422 device directly to your computer’s USB port, efficiently converting USB signals to half-duplex RS-485 or full-duplex RS-422 and vice versa.In this module an IC ISO3080 converts data to RS422/RS485 logic and it also provides galvanic isolation (Any cabled I/O can be subjected to electrical noise transients from various sources. These noise transients can cause damage to the transceiver and/or nearby sensitive circuitry if they are of sufficient magnitude and duration.These isolated devices can significantly increase protection and reduce the risk of damage to expensive control circuits). We can connect the board directly to USB of PC and select the communication mode using DIP switch on the board.
This board is manufactured with Automatic Pick and Place Machine for high quality standard. The shield itself is high quality PTH PCB with professionally designed circuitry. The J1 jumper allows you to select power supply (external power (5V) or internal power(USB itself)). We have also considered optional customization as per users convenience, for which the design includes onboard PCB jumpers and DIP switches.
- RS485 Mode (Half duplex)
- RS422 mode(Full duplex)
- Baud rate 300-115200bps
- Onboard ISO3080 IC provides Galvanic isolation and converts data to RS422/RS485 communication standard.
- Enhanced ESD protection
- Option for Manual and Automatic Transmitting and receiving data in RS485/RS422 modes.
- Adjustable Pull-up, Pull-down and terminating resistor.
- Removable block terminal for bus connection.
- Indicator LED’s for Rx and Tx signal.
- Communication mode selected via DIP switch.
- Onboard mini USB to powerup the module.
- J1 jumper to select External (5V) or USB power to be used.