Isolated RS422/RS485 raspberry pi hat is a new product from rhydoLABZ which is an industrial standard for long distance, anti-interference and reliable communication. The board can convert a full duplex data from TTL to half duplex(Two wire) RS485 data or full duplex RS422(Four wire). In this hat an IC ISO3080 converts data to RS422/RS485 logic and it also provides galvanic isolation (Any cabled I/O can be subjected to electrical noise transients from various sources. These noise transients can cause damage to the transceiver and/or nearby sensitive circuitry if they are of sufficient magnitude and duration.These isolated devices can significantly increase protection and reduce the risk of damage to expensive control circuits). We can easily stuck the hat over raspberry pi and select the mode of communication using DIP switches on the hat.
The hat is manufactured with Automatic Pick and Place Machine for high quality standard. The shield itself is high quality PTH PCB with professionally designed circuitry. The J1 jumper allows you to select the power supply (external power supply (5V) or from pi). We have also considered optional customization as per users convenience, for which the design includes onboard PCB jumpers and DIP switches.
- RS485 Mode (Half duplex)
- RS422 mode(Full duplex)
- Onboard ISO3080 IC provides Galvanic isolation and converts data to RS422/RS485 communication standard.
- Enhanced ESD protection
- J1 jumper to select power to be taken from PI or external source(<5V).
- Adjustable automatic transceiver switching for RS485 mode.
- Adjustable control of transmitter/receiver via GPIO pin.
- Adjustable pull-up,pull-down and terminating resistor.
- Removable block terminal for bus connection.
- Indicator LED’s for Rx and Tx signal.
- Communication mode select via DIP switch.
- In control pin mode, use an extra pin for enabling/disabling of transmission/reception. But in automatic mode no need to use extra control pin.
- It’s compatible with Raspberry Pi B+ 2B, 3B , 3B+