Isolated RS422/RS485 arduino shield is a new product from rhydoLABZ which is an industrial standard for long distance, anti-interference and reliable communication. The board can convert a full duplex data from TTL to half duplex (Two wire) RS485 data or full duplex RS422 (Four wire). In this module an IC ISO3080 converts data to RS422/RS485 logic and it also provides galvanic isolation (Any cabled I/O can be subjected to electrical noise transients from various sources. These noise transients can cause damage to the transceiver and/or nearby sensitive circuitry if they are of sufficient magnitude and duration.These isolated devices can significantly increase protection and reduce the risk of damage to expensive control circuits). The J2 jumper allows you to select external power(5V) or from arduino board itself. We can easily stuck the shield over arduino board and select the mode of communication using DIP switches on the shield.
The shield design is compatible with the older Arduino footprint as well as the new R3 footprint, which means that this shield is totally compatible with most of the Arduino Boards. That includes most popular UNO to the veteran Duemilanove. It also supports 3V3 boards such as Arduino Due. The shield can also used with Arduino Mega and Leonardo but the serial communication feature via software pins wont be available for these two boards, still that wont affect the functionality of the shield as they can be communicated over the hardware serial pins.
This shields are manufactured with Automatic Pick and Place Machine for high quality standard. The shield itself is high quality PTH PCB with professionally designed circuitry. The onboard option for power supply allows you to select external (5V) or internal power. We have also considered optional customization as per users convenience, for which the design includes onboard PCB jumpers and DIP switch.
- RS485 Mode (Half duplex)
- RS422 mode (Full duplex)
- Onboard ISO3080 IC provides Galvanic isolation and converts data to RS422/RS485 communication standard.
- Enhanced ESD protection
- Adjustable automatic transceiver switching for RS485 mode.
- Adjustable control of transmitter/receiver via GPIO pin.
- Adjustable pull-up,pull-down and terminating resistor.
- Removable block terminal for bus connection.
- DPDT switch for selecting hardware serial(0,1) and Software serial(4,5).
- Indicator LED’s for Rx and Tx signal.
- Communication mode select via DIP switch.
- In control pin mode, use an extra pin for enabling/disabling of transmission/reception. But in automatic mode no need to use extra control pin.
- J1 jumper is used to select the control pin (D2/D3).
- J2 jumper to select power to be taken from Arduino board or external source(<5V).