This is a BH1750 light intensity sensor breakout board from rhydoLABZ. BH1750 is a digital Ambient Light Sensor IC with IIC bus interface. This IC is most suitable to obtain the ambient light data for adjusting LCD, Keypad backlight etc. Photo diode on BH1750 detects the light intensity, which is converted as voltage output with the help of an integration-OPAMP. The built in AD converter finally gives out the 16bit digital data. Internal logic of BH1750 avoids the need for any complicated calculations, as it directly outputs meaningful digital data in Lux (Lx).
The address of the device depends on the logic state of the address pin. There is an on board pull down on the address pin, so with no connection it defaults to the low address (0x23). PCB jumper (J1) allows easy configuration of the address pin; if J1 is closed the address pin will be pulled high, and the address will be 0x5C. Address of the module can also be controlled over the input signal on ADD pin, keeping the jumper(J1) open. The DVI pin has an RC delay on it, delaying it enough to allow a proper power-on reset. The I2C interface, address and DVI pins are brought out on a breadboard compatible berg strip, makes it easy to use with your arduino or any other microcontroller.
BH1705 has 3 measurement modes corresponding to different sensitivity levels (0.5lx, 1lx and 4lx). The H-Resolution Mode is recommended as it provides the best noise rejection. Output logic level of the IIC bus can be switched between 3V3 and 5V levels with the help of PCB jumper(J2). Finally, with the level conversion circuitry, 3V3 regulation and the well calibrated BH1705, this breakout board would make a good basis for a light meter projects, especially as they gives an output in lux directly, with acceptable accuracy and with a response that looks to be a better match to that of the human eye.
- IIC bus Interface
- Photo diode with approximate human eye response
- Select between 2 types of I2C slave-address
- Internal logic for ambient light calculation
- Digital Output data in Lux
- Wide range and High resolution. ( 1 - 65535 lx )
- Low Current Consumption by power down function
- 50Hz / 60Hz Light Noise reject-function
- Very little light source dependency
- Influence of infrared is very small.
- Selectable output level (3V3 & 5V)
- Breadboard compatible
- Interface: I2C
- Power supply voltage: 3V3~5V DC
- SCL Clock Frequency: 400kHz max
- Small measurement variation (+/- 20%)
- Fastest data output @ 16ms per reading
- Dimension: 21.89x15.43 (mm)
- 1x BH1750 Light Sensor
- 1x 6 Pin Berg Strip - 2.54mm Straight
There are currently no any question about this product.