This board is a 3-channel time-of-flight proximity and distance sensor module based on the OPT3101 IC from Texas Instruments. Unlike conventional IR sensors that use the intensity of reflected light to estimate the distance to an object, this board emits 940 nm infrared light pulsed at 10 MHz, and then measures the phase (delay) of the reflected signal, which corresponds to the distance to the target object. It also measures the amplitude of the signal, which indicates how bright/reflective/close the object is.
- Dimensions: 1.1″ × 1.2″ (27.9 mm × 30.5 mm)
- Weight without header pins: 2.7 g (0.095 oz)
- Operating voltage: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Sensor channels: 3 (each with an FOV of approximately 50° – 60° for a combined FOV of nearly 180°)
- Supply current: 130 mA (typical average during operation in high-brightness mode with 3.3 V power supply)
- Distance measuring range: up to 1 m (3.3 ft) depends on the target object.
Four connections are necessary to use the OPT3101 board: GND, VIN, SDA, and SCL. The VIN pin should be connected to a 2.5 V to 5.5 V source, and GND should be connected to 0 volts. The board’s I²C pins (SCL and SDA) should be connected to an I²C bus operating at the same logic level as VIN.
Documents / Downloads:
- 1x 3-Channel Wide FOV Time-of-Flight Distance Sensor
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.