The tilt sensor is a component (switch) that can detect the orientation of an object (upright or not). It is equivalent to a pushbutton activated through its physical orientation. It contains a metallic ball inside that will commute the two pins of the device from CLOSED to OPEN if the sensor exceeds a certain angle and viceversa. Only when the tilt sensor is in its upright position, metallic balls inside the tilt sensor bridges the two contacts, completing the circuit. When the sensor is tilted beyond the sensivity range, the contacts moves away, and thus opens the circuit.
- Detect orientation or inclination
- Small and inexpensive
- Low-power and easy-to-use
- If used properly, they will not wear out.
- Sensitivity range: > +-15 degrees
- Lifetime: 50,000+ cycles (switches)
- Power supply: Up to 24V, switching less than 5mA
- Diameter: 5.2mm
- Height: 11.5mm (excluding leads)
There are currently no any question about this product.