TB67S279FTG is a microstepping bipoloar stepper motor driver is arranged in the popular 16-pin Pololu form factor. It features adjustable current limiting and seven microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). Additionally, it dynamically selects an optimal decay mode by monitoring the actual motor current, and it can automatically reduce the driving current below the full amount when the motor is lightly loaded to minimize power and heat. The TB67S279FTG has a wide operating voltage range of 10 V to 47 V to be connected across VIN and GND. This supply should be capable of delivering the expected stepper motor current. This compact version uses a TB67S279FTG driver and can deliver approximately 1.1 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 2 A peak). It features built-in protection against under-voltage, over-current, and over-temperature conditions.Four, six, and eight-wire stepper motors can be driven by the TB67S2x9FTG if they are properly connected. The TB67S2x9FTG supports such active current limiting, and the trimmer potentiometer on the board can be used to set the current limit.
The TB67S2x9FTG has a feature called Active Gain Control, or AGC, that automatically optimizes the motor current by sensing the load torque applied to the motor and dynamically reducing the current below the full amount. This allows it to minimize power consumption and heat generation when the motor is lightly loaded, but if the driver senses an increased load, it will quickly ramp the current back up to the full amount to try to prevent a stall.
In the carrier, the AGC pin can be pulled high to enable Active Gain Control with the bottom current limit set to 60%. If the 60% setting is too aggressive, you can raise the bottom current limit to 80% by shorting across the two pads on the CL0 jumper on the back-side of the board.
Features of TB67S279FTG Stepper Motor Driver Compact Carrier
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Advanced Dynamic Mixed Decay (ADMD) dynamically switches between slow and fast decay modes by monitoring the state of current decay (not according to fixed timing)
- Configurable Active Gain Control (AGC) can be enabled to automatically reduce drive current by up to 40% to minimize power
- Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Under-voltage lockout and protection against over-current/short-circuit and over-temperature
- Open-load detection
- Active-low error outputs indicate over-current, over-temperature, or open-load condition
- Compact size (0.6″ × 0.8″)
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
- Motor driver: TB67S279FTG
- Minimum operating voltage: 10 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 47 V
- Continuous current per phase: 1.1 A
- Maximum current per phase: 2 A
- Minimum logic voltage: 2 V
- Maximum logic voltage: 5.5 V
- Microstep resolutions: full, non-circular 1/2, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32
- Current limit control: potentiometer
- 1 x TB67S279FTG Stepper Motor Driver Compact Carrier
- 1×16-pin breakaway 0.1″ male headers
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.