The product is a carrier board or breakout board for the STSPIN820 stepper motor driver from STMicroelectronics (ST). we therefore recommend careful reading of the STSPIN820 datasheet (594k pdf) before using this product. This stepper motor driver offers microstep resolutions down to 1/256 of a step, and it lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to approximately 0.9 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow.
The driver requires a logic supply voltage (3 – 5 V) to be connected across the VCC and GND pins and a motor supply voltage of 7 V to 45 V to be connected across VIN and GND. These supplies should have appropriate decoupling capacitors close to the board, and they should be capable of delivering the expected currents (peaks up to 3 A for the motor supply).
The STSPIN820 is intended to control a single bipolar stepper motor. The two sides of one coil should be connected across OUTA1 and OUTA2, and the two sides of the other coil should be connected across OUTB1 and OUTB2.Connecting or disconnecting a stepper motor while the driver is powered can destroy the driver. (More generally, rewiring anything while it is powered is asking for trouble.)
Features of STSPIN820 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Eight different step resolutions down to 256 microsteps: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, 1/32-step, 1/128-step, and 1/256-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Motor supply voltage: 7 V to 45 V (for a lower-voltage alternative, consider the STSPIN220 carrier, which operates from 1.8 V to 10 V)
- Can deliver 0.9 A per phase continuously without additional cooling
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and short circuit protection
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
- Module size, pinout, and interface match those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers in most respects
Specifications of STSPIN820 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier
- Motor driver: STSPIN820
- Minimum operating voltage: 7 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 45 V
- Continuous current per phase: 0.9 A
- Maximum current per phase: 1.5 A
- Minimum logic voltage: 2 V
- Maximum logic voltage: 5.5 V
- Microstep resolutions: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/128, 1/256
- Current limit control: potentiometer
- 1 X STSPIN820 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier
- 1 × 16-pin breakaway 0.1″ male header
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.