STMicro’s STSPIN220 low-voltage microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver offers microstepping down to 1/256-step and operates from 1.8 V to 10 V, allowing stepper motors to be powered with voltages that are too low for other drivers. It can deliver up to approximately 1.1 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 1.3 A peak). The module has a pinout and interface that are very similar to that of popular A4988 carriers, so it can be used as a drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications.
This product is a carrier board or breakout board for the STSPIN220 low-voltage stepper motor driver from STMicroelectronics (ST).Therefore recommend careful reading of the STSPIN220 datasheet (1MB pdf) before using this product. This stepper motor driver offers microstep resolutions down to 1/256 of a step, and it lets to control one bipolar stepper motor at up to approximately 1.1 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow. This version of STSPIN220 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier ships with male header pins installed, so no soldering is required to use it with an appropriate 16-pin socket or solderless breadboard.
Features of STSPIN220 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier:
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Nine different step resolutions down to 256 microsteps: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, 1/32-step, 1/64-step, 1/128-step, and 1/256-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Motor supply voltage: 1.8 V to 10 V (for a higher-voltage alternative, consider the STSPIN820 carrier, which operates from 7 V to 45 V)
- Can deliver 1.1 A per phase continuously without additional cooling
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and short circuit protection
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PC
Specifications of STSPIN220 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier:
- Motor driver: STSPIN220
- Minimum operating voltage: 1.8 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 10 V
- Continuous current per phase: 1.1 A
- Maximum current per phase: 1.3 A
- Minimum logic voltage: 1.6 V
- Maximum logic voltage: 5.5 V
- Microstep resolutions: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128, 1/256
- Current limit control: potentiometer
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.