Pololu Dual G2 High-Power Motor Driver are add-on boards for the Raspberry Pi, featuring pairs of discrete MOSFET H-bridges designed to drive two large brushed DC motors. Its twin discrete MOSFET H-bridges support a wide 6.5 V to 36 V operating range and are efficient enough to deliver a continuous 18 A without a heat sink. The drivers offer basic current limiting functionality, and they accept ultrasonic PWM frequencies for quieter operation. The default pin mappings make it easy to get started, but they can be customized for more specialized applications. This version ships as a partial kit; all surface-mount components are installed, but the included through-hole connectors are not soldered in.
Note that this motor driver add-on is designed specifically for newer versions of the Raspberry Pi with 40-pin GPIO headers, including the Model B+, Model A+, Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, and Raspberry Pi 3 Model B.
Features of Pololu Dual G2 High-Power Motor Driver 24v18
- Operating voltage: 6.5 V to 36 V
- Output current: 18 A continuous
- Active current limiting (chopping) with approximate default threshold of 50 A (can be adjusted lower)
- PWM operation up to 100 kHz
- Motor indicator LEDs show what the outputs are doing even when no motor is connected
- Integrated 5 V, 2.5 A switching step-down voltage regulator powers the Raspberry Pi base for single-supply operation
- Python library makes it easy to get started using this board as a motor driver expansion board
- GPIO pin mappings can be customized if the default mappings are not convenient
- Current sensing and limiting pins are exposed for advanced use
- Reverse-voltage protection
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Short circuit protection
Specifications of Dual G2 High-Power Motor Driver 24v18
- Motor channels: 2
- Minimum operating voltage: 6.5 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 36 V
- Continuous output current per channel: 18 A
- Maximum PWM frequency: 100 kHz
- 1 x Pololu Dual G2 High-Power Motor Driver 24v18
- 1 x 2×20-pin 0.1″ female header
- 3 x 2-pin 5 mm terminal blocks
- 4 x M2.5 standoffs (11 mm length), screws, and nuts
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.