FST-01 with Heat Shrink Tube is a tiny USB 32-bit computer, an abbreviation of “Flying Stone Tiny ZERO-ONE”. “Minimalist Design” is the goal chased during the development. All unnecessary things were cut to make it concise and tidy. Two applications are intended for FST-01. They are Gnuk(the Cryptographic Token for GnuPG) and NeuG(True Random Number Generator based on ADC noise). The board is covered by transparent heat shrink tube. Thus, it is not possible to access SWD port. This can be for daily use, as a Gnuk Token.
Features of FST-01 with Heat Shrink Tube:
||1.62 x 0.52 inch (including USB plug)
||USB Bus Powered
||32-bit ARM Cortex M3 at 72MHz (STM32F103TBU6), flash ROM: 128KB, RAM: 20KB
|SPI Flash Memory
||SWD port, Two I/O pins
Note: As a side effect of test plan, FST-01 comes with Gnuk version 1.0.1 installed on the flash ROM of MCU and it is protected. You need to disable the protection before writing the flash ROM.
Components of FST-01:
- STM32F103TB: MCU is Cortex-M3 based ARM by STMicroelectronics. It runs at 72MHz, it has 128KB flash ROM and 20KB RAM.
- SPI Flash memory: Secret data should be on MCU's flash, but non confidential data (such as backup of public keyring) can be on SPI flash memory. SST25VF032B (32Mbit = 4MB) is used.
- USB Terminator: NUF2221W1 USB Upstream Terminator is used here. This is because it has the feature of electrostatic discharge protection. It is also better for smaller footprint than two capacitors and two resistors.
- LDO Regulator: CAT6217-330 is used, for 3.3V Regulator (from 5V). Currency of 150mA is enough.
- XTAL 12MHz CL=18pF: 12MHz XTAL CL=18pF is used. This is because we can find smaller footprint XTAL for 12MHz (than 8MHz).
- LED: LED shows the status.
- SWD port: SWD port is to install firmware to MCU's flash ROM.
- Extension port of VDD/GND/Port0/Port1: There are two I/O pins. (One I/O pin is not enough even for minimalist.) With two I/O pins, it can be:
- TX and RX of serial communication
- Drive and input of touch sensor
- Controlling other MCU's SWD port
- USB plug A: It is used to connect the the FST-01 to USB port, like USB thumb drive.
Designer: Niibe Yutaka
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.