Description: This is the newest revision ( Rev B) of rhydoLABZ make XBee Explorer board for the XBee line of products . The new board is populated with high current LDO to support most of XBee modules including XBee Pro! . This new board is also populated with a Reset Switch, which help you to download new firmware using X-CTU software from Digi, the XBee maker!!. The XBee Explorer USB will help you to reduce lot of hassles normally facing to implement Xbee Network.We have also added two more LED's (SLEEP & Associate) apart from normal 4 LED. This help you to use latest versions XBee Modules as well. The module is self powered from USB Port itself, thanks to low dropout regulator.
After Power up the explorer board will create a virtual COM port in PC , and you can communicate with the module same as serial port devices. The Explorer board is built with FT232RL Chip from FTDI and drivers are available for Windows ,Linux and MAC.
This unit works with all XBee modules including the Series 1 and Series 2.5, standard and Pro version. Plug the unit into the XBee Explorer, attach a mini USB cable, and you will have direct access to the serial and programming pins on the XBee unit.
NOTE: You will get the populated board only. XBee modules and USB cable sold separately.
Documents & Downloads:
- Can be use as XBee evaluation board (X-CTU Software Compatible)
- Mini-B USB Connector
- Built in SMD fuse for protecting PC USB Port
- Built in RESET Switch for Firmware Loading
- Powered from PC USB Port
- High Current (500ma) 3V3 Voltage Regulator for XBee/XBee PRO/XBee WiFi Module
- 5 Onboard Status LEDs (Associate,Sleep,Tx,Rx and RSSI)
- Onboard Power LED
- High quality PTH PCB and made by Automatic Pick and Place Machine
- All XBee Pins are available at Standard Berg strip (2.54mm Pitch)