Isolated RS422/RS485 Shield for Arduino is a new product from rhydoLABZ which is an industrial standard for long distance, anti-interference and reliable communication. The board can convert a full duplex data from TTL to half duplex (Two wire) RS485 data or full duplex RS422 (Four wire).
Some RS485 shields for the Arduino are already available on the market, but these extensions are not suitable for professional use, because they come without a galvanic isolation between the RS485 bus and the Arduino. Without such isolation a damaging of the Arduino or malfunction of the device is possible. To avoid these damage, an IC ISO3080 is inserted in our board to provide galvanic isolation and it also used to converts data to RS422/RS485 logic. These isolated devices can significantly increase protection and reduce the risk of damage to expensive control circuits. We can easily stuck the shield to arduino and select the mode of communication using DIP switches on the board.
The shield design is compatible with the older Arduino footprint as well as the new R3 footprint, which means that this shield is totally compatible with most of the Arduino Boards. That includes most popular UNO to the veteran Duemilanove. It also supports 3V3 boards such as Arduino Due. The shield can also used with Arduino Mega and Leonardo but the serial communication feature via software pins wont be available for these two boards, still that wont affect the functionality of the shield as they can be communicated over the hardware serial pins.
This shields are manufactured with Automatic Pick and Place Machine for high quality standard. The shield itself is high quality PTH PCB with professionally designed circuitry. The onboard option for power supply allows you to select external (5V) or from Arduino board itself. We have also considered optional customization as per users convenience, for which the design includes onboard PCB jumpers and DIP switch.In control pin mode, use an extra pin for enabling/disabling of transmission/reception. But in automatic mode no need to use extra control pin.
Features of Isolated RS422/RS485 Shield for Arduino
- RS485 Mode (Half duplex)
- RS422 mode (Full duplex)
- Enhanced ESD protection
- Onboard ISO3080 IC provides galvanic isolation and convert the data to RS485/RS422 communication standard.
- Adjustable automatic transceiver switching for RS485 mode.
- Adjustable control of transmitter/receiver via GPIO pin.
- Adjustable pull-up,pull-down and terminating resistor.
- Removable block terminal for bus connection.
- DPDT switch for selecting hardware serial(0,1) and Software serial(4,5).
- Indicator LED’s for Rx and Tx signal.
- Communication mode select via DIP switch.
- J1 jumper is used to select the control pin (D2/D3).
- J2 jumper to select power to be taken from Arduino board or external source(<5V).
- 1 x Isolated RS422/RS485 Shield for Arduino
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.