The ATMEGA2560 Breakout board is a development board that has lower component count and smaller board size. It is an Arduino Mega 2560 compatible board based on the ATmega2560-16AU microcontroller. It solves a lot of issues like weight and size from the original arduino Mega. It has 54 digital input/output pins (of which 15 can be used as PWM outputs), 16 analog inputs, 4 UARTs (hardware serial ports), a 16 MHz crystal oscillator, a USB connection, an ICSP header, and a reset button. There is a USB to TTL converter on the breakout board, to connect the board directly to PC using a micro USB cable.
The ATmega2560 is a low-power CMOS 8-bit microcontroller based on the AVR enhanced RISC architecture.By executing powerful instructions in a single clock cycle, the ATmega2560 achieves throughputs approaching 1 MIPS per MHz allowing the system designer to optimize power consumption versus processing speed.
ATMEGA2560 Breakout board is used for robotics projects that require ATmega2560's 256 KB flash and digital/analog pins, where the size, weight, and USB port location are in a compactable size.
It can be programmed with the Arduino software (any Arduino IDE). The ATmega2560 on the Mega2560 breakout board comes preburned with a bootloader that allows you to upload new code to it without the use of an external hardware programmer. There is also an option for program the microcontroller through the ICSP (In- Circuit Serial Programming).
Features of ATMEGA2560 Breakout board
- High Quality Product(Not hobby grade)
- Very Compactable in size
- Onboard 16 MHz crystal oscillator
- Onboard ISP header option for bootloading and programming
- No separate programmer required (Built in Boot loader)
- Programmed with any Arduino IDE
- Onboard programming through micro USB connector
- Onboard Option for external 5V DC power source
- Onboard LED for power indication
- Header option for interfacing ADC,I2c,PWM
- Four 3MM Mounting Holes are Provided
- Working temperature:-40°C ~85°C
- Operating Voltage: 5V
Features of ATMEGA2560
- High Performance, Low Power Atmel AVR 8-Bit Microcontroller
- 256K bytes of In-System Programmable Flash with Read-While-Write capabilities
- 86 general purpose I/O lines
- Master/Slave SPI Serial Interface
- Byte Oriented 2-wire Serial Interface
- Programmable Watchdog Timer with Separate On-chip Oscillator
- Analog Input Pins 16
- 32 general purpose working registers
- 4Kbytes of data EEPROM memory.
- 8Kbytes Internal SRAM
- 1 x ATMEGA2560 Breakout board
- 2 x 18 pin Male header
There are currently no any reviews about this product.