Description: The all New LPC2148 Development Board-Mini can be used to evaluate and demonstrate the capabilities of NXP LPC2148 microcontrollers. Since all I/O pins are broken out on Male and female Berg strips, it is very easy to use for development purpose as well.
The board is designed for general purpose applications and it includes a variety of hardware to exercise ARM microcontroller peripherals. Onboard Mini Bread board is provided to ease the use,Ideally suitable for training and development purposes. Apart from this there is an onboard 2mm pitch Female sockets on both bottom and top side to insert Xbee module as per convenience. Since there are different modules (GPSBee, Bluebee, RFBee Etc) are available in the XBEE form factor, it will be easy to interface and experiment all of them .The onboard 5V regulator is having current rating of 1A and 3V3 voltage regulator is having 500mA capacity to easily power almost all onboard devices as well as external devices . All I/O pins and Power pins (5V & 3V3) are made available at Female header pins around the Breadboard to ease the wiring . Apart from this the All I/O pins are ready at male berg strips in two rows below the LCD. The UART0 & UART1 pins are available at separate RMC Connector with power (VCC &GND). UART0 is provided with onboard MOSFET voltage level converter with PCB jumper option to select the required interface voltage (3V3 or 5V). The Onboard mini-B type USB connector can be used to power the board as well as to communicates with PC. A jumper is provided to select the PC interfacing method (USB or RS232).
The development board can be programed by ISP Programmer or separate JTAG programmer/ debugger. A 20 pin shrouded male connector has been provided to connect JTAG programmer. In ISP Programming mode, user can select the desired interface (Either USB or RS232) using the onboard jumper selection. A DPDT sliding switch has provided to select Automatic or Manual ISP Programming mode. Apart from USB the board has two more powering options like DC Adapter jack and 2Pin RMC connector with Reverse polarity protection. Available onboard peripheral interfaces are 3 nos Pull-up switches, 3 nos LEDs, buzzer, Analog Temp sensor, Analog POT,16X2 LCD,RS232, USB, Voltage Level Converter and connectors for xbee, SERVO Motor, UART0, UART1, JTAG etc. Battery for RTC back up are provided at bottom side. All these peripheral interfaces can be disconnected by removing onboard PCB jumpers to free up the I/O PINS for other purposes.
Onboard 5v to 3v3 MOSFET based level converter and 3V3 Voltage regulator provide safe interface to XBEE and other low voltage devices.
NOTE: For code execution the ISP jumper should be removed other wise the controller will be reset continuously. For UART0 communication, the DPDT sliding switch should be placed in manual mode.
LPC 2148 Specification:
- Includes NXP LPC 2148 Microcontroller
- Compact and Ready to use design
- Professional EMI/RFI Complaint PCB Layout Design for Noise Reduction
- High Quality Two layer PTH PCB
- No separate programmer required (On-Chip Boot loader)
- No Separate power adapter required (USB power source)
- RS-232 Interface (For direct connection to PC’s Serial port)
- USB Interface to connect to PC
- DPDT Switch for Manual, Auto Programming selection
- On Board Mini Breadboard for experiments
- On Board Two Line LCD Display (2x16)
- On Board 3 LED Interface to test Port pin (with jumper select option)
- On Board Analog Pot interface to ADC (with jumper select option)
- On Board Analog Temperature Sensor Interface (with jumper select option)
- On Board Buzzer Interface (with jumper select option)
- On Board 3 button Pull-up Keyboard interface (with jumper select option)
- On Board 3.3V/500mA Regulator
- On Board Reset Switch
- On Board Connector for SERVO Output
- On Board Connector to interface Xbee module on top/bottom side
- On Board Power LED Indicator
- Adaptor (any standard 9-12V power supply) option
- All Port Pins available at Male Berge Strip
- All Port Pins available at Female Berge Strip around Bread board
- On Board JTAG Connector for Debugging/Programming
- Power Supply Reverse Polarity Protection
- On Board DB9 Connector (for UART0)
- On Board USB Connector (for POWER/UART0/USB)
- On Board 4 pin RMC connector (for UART0) with 3V3/5V level converter
- On Board 3 pin RMC connector (for UART1)
- On Board 5V/1A Voltage Regulator
- Can be used as main board for developing applications
- On Board JTAG Jumper
- On Board ISP Jumper for Manual Programming
- On Board 12 MHz Crystal Oscillator
- On Board 32.768 KHz Crystal for RTC
- On Board Battery for RTC
Package Includes :
- NXP LPC 2148 with 12 MHz Crystal Oscillator (With Boot loader Software)
- High Performance 32-bit ARM7TDMI-S™ CPU
- 512 KB Programmable Flash Memory provides minimum of 10,000 erase/write cycles and 10 years of data-retention.
- 32 KB + 8 KB Data Memory (SRAM)
- Provides 8KB of on-chip RAM accessible to USB by DMA
- USB 2.0 Full-speed compliant device controller with 2 KB of endpoint RAM.
- In-System Programming/In-Application Programming (ISP/IAP) via on-chip boot loader software.
- Single Flash sector or full chip erase in 400 ms and programming of 256 bytes in 1 ms.
- Embedded ICE RT and Embedded Trace interfaces offer real-time debugging with the on-chip RealMonitor software and high-speed tracing of instruction execution.
- Two 10-bit ADCs provide a total of 14 analog inputs, with conversion times as low as 2.44 us per channel.
- Single 10-bit DAC provides variable analog output.
- Two 32-bit Timers/External event counters.
- Four Capture and four Compare channels.
- PWM unit with six output pins.
- Low power Real-time clock with independent power and dedicated 32 kHz clock input.
- Multiple serial interfaces including two UARTs, two Fast I2C (400 kbit/s), SPI™ and SSP with buffering and variable data length capabilities.
- Vectored interrupt controller with configurable priorities and vector addresses.
- Up to 45 of 5 V tolerant general purpose I/O pins.
- Up to nine edge or level sensitive external interrupt pins.
- 60 MHz maximum CPU clock available from programmable on-chip Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) with settling time of 100us.
- On-chip integrated oscillator operates with external crystal in range of 1 MHz to 25 MHz
- Power saving modes include Idle and Power-down.
- Individual enable/disable of peripheral functions.
- Processor wake-up from Power-down mode via external interrupt.
- Single power supply chip with Power-On Reset (POR) and Brown-Out Detection (BOD)
- CPU Operating Voltage range of 3.0 V to 3.6 V