L293D Push-Pull four channel driver with diodes is assembled in a 16 lead package which has 4 center pins connected together and used for heatsinking. This is a monolithic integrated high voltage, high current four channel driver.Motor drivers act as current amplifiers since they take a low-current control signal and provide a higher-current signal. This higher current signal is used to drive the motors.L293D contains two inbuilt H-bridge driver circuits. In its common mode of operation, two DC motors can be driven simultaneously, both in forward and reverse direction. The motor operations of two motors can be controlled by input logic at pins 2 & 7 and 10 & 15. Input logic 00 or 11 will stop the corresponding motor. Logic 01 and 10 will rotate it in clockwise and anticlockwise directions, respectively.Enable pins 1 and 9 (corresponding to the two motors) must be high for motors to start operating.
When an enable input is high, the associated driver gets enabled. As a result, the outputs become active and work in phase with their inputs. Similarly, when the enable input is low, that driver is disabled, and their outputs are off and in the high-impedance state.They are designed to drive inductive loads such as relays, solenoids, dc and bipolar stepping motors, as well as their high-current/high-voltage loads in positive-supply applications.
- Featuring Unit rode L293 and L293D
- Wide Supply-Voltage Range: 4.5 V to 36 V
- Separate Input-Logic Supply
- Internal ESD Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- High-Noise-Immunity Inputs
- Functional Replacements for SGS L293 and SGS L293D
- Output Current 1 A Per Channel (600 mA for L293D)
- Peak Output Current 2 A Per Channel (1.2 A for L293D)
- Output Clamp Diodes for Inductive
- Transient Suppression (L293D)
- Can be used to run Two DC motors with the same IC.
- Speed and Direction control is possible
- Motor voltage Vcc2 (Vs): 4.5V to 36V
- Maximum Peak motor current: 1.2A
- Maximum Continuous Motor Current: 600mA
- Supply Voltage to Vcc1(vss): 4.5V to 7V
- Transition time: 300ns (at 5V and 24V)
- Automatic Thermal shutdown is available
- Available in 16-pin DIP, TSSOP, SOIC packages
Note: Complete Technical Details can be found at the L293D datasheet given at the end of this page.
- Used to drive high current Motors using Digital Circuits
- Can be used to drive Stepper motors
- High current LED’s can be driven
- Relay Driver module (Latching Relay is possible)
- 1x L293D Motor Driver IC (PDIP)
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.