XBEE 2mW Wire Antenna S2C, the latest of its kind in Series 2, offers point to multipoint device connectivity with ease, providing cost-effective wireless solutions for electronic devices. They are interoperable with other ZigBee feature set devices, including devices from other vendors.
This version (S2C) of XBee ZigBee Series 2 module utilizes EM357 transceiver. The EM357 transceiver is faster, has lower current draw, and has significantly more RAM and Flash. These advanced features allow EM357-based modules to support more network traffic, have more memory for code updates, and operate more efficiently.
These are ideal for applications in the energy and controls markets where manufacturing efficiencies are critical. For current customers interested in taking advantage of these performance improvements, the XBee Zibee migration guide will assist with migrating from S2B XBee ZigBee modules to the S2C XBee ZigBee modules.
This XBee module, similar to its predecessors have 2 mm pin spacing. You could use one of our own adapter boards and easy interfacing within any project. If you are looking for a simple point-to-point configuration, you might want to try the Series 1 instead. Series 1 and Series 2 XBee modules have the same pin-out. However, Series 1 modules cannot communicate with Series 2 modules.
- Integrated, Wire Antenna
- Interoperable with other ZigBee-compliant devices
- Programmable versions with on-board microprocessor enable custom ZigBee application development
- Supports binding and multicasting for easy integration into a home automation platform
- Through-hole form factor enables flexible design
- 15 general-purpose I/O lines
- Industry-leading sleep current of sub 1 µA
- Firmware upgrades via UART, SPI, or over the air
- Protocol: Zigbee®
- RF Standard: 802.15.4
- Frequency (ISM Band): 2.4GHz
- Digital I/O: 15
- ADC Channels: (4) 10-bit ADC inputs
- Data Rate: RF 250 Kbps, Serial up to 1 Mbps
- Range: Indoor 200 ft (60 m), Outdoor (LOS) 4000 ft (1200 m)
- Transmit Power: 3.1 mW (+5 dBm)
- Channels: 16 channels
- Encryption: 128-bit AES
- Voltage requirements: 2.1 to 3.6 VDC
- Current requirements: ~33 mA @ 3.3VDC (transmit), ~28 mA @ 3.3VDC (receive), <1 uA @25ºC (sleep)
- Communication: CMOS UART / SPI @ ~3.3V
- Dimensions: 1.087" L x 0.960" W x 0.16" H (27.61 x 24.38 x 4.06 mm)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)