Pololu 5V Step-Up Voltage Regulator U1V10F5 generates higher output voltages from input voltages as low as 0.5 V, and it also automatically switches to a linear down-regulation mode when the input voltage exceeds the output. This makes it great for powering 5 V electronics projects from 1 to 3 NiMH, NiCd, or alkaline cells or from a single lithium-ion cell. When boosting, this module acts as a switching regulator (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) and has a typical efficiency between 70% to 90%. The available output current is a function of the input voltage, output voltage, and efficiency (see Typical Efficiency and Output Current section below), but the input current can typically be as high as 1.2 A.
NOTE: The regulator’s thermal shutdown engages at around 140°C and helps prevent damage from overheating, but it does not have short-circuit or reverse-voltage protection.
Features of Pololu 5V Step-Up Voltage Regulator U1V10F5:
- Input voltage: 0.5 V to 5.5 V
- Fixed 5 V output with 4% accuracy
- Automatic linear down-regulation when the input voltage is greater than the output voltage
- 1.2 A switch allows for input currents up to 1.2 A
- Good efficiency at light load: <1 mA typical no-load quiescent current, though it can exceed 1 mA for very low input voltages
- Integrated over-temperature shutoff
- Small size: 0.35″ × 0.45″; × 0.1″ (9 × 11.5 × 2.5 mm)
- 1 x Pololu 5V Step-Up Voltage Regulator U1V10F5
- 1 × 3 straight male header strip
- 1 × 3 right-angle male header strip
Documents & Downloads:
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.