Discription : This is the newest revision of rhydoLABZ make USB to RS 485 Converter board (INT-1201) .It is very compact and ready to use circuitry which performs the USB (Universal Serial Bus) to two wire RS485 (2 Wire Half Duplex) and vice versa conversion. The board holds an FT232RL USB UART IC with MAX485 to switch between the USB and RS485 communication standards. This module enables to interface any of the USB holding devices with the RS485 supporting device. The unit is powered from USB bus. The module is a half-duplex transceiver, so it can only communicate one way at a time.
The RTS pin of the FT232RL is connected to the transmit and receive enable inputs of the MAX485, this line is used to control the transmission mode of the RS-485 transceiver. With the proper drivers installed, the FT232RL will enumerate as a virtual COM port; the drivers are available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
This board includes the FT232,MAX485, TX/RX/RTS/Power LEDs, Mini-B USB connector, filter capacitors, and other components shown on the schematic. We've provided provision for RS485 output to three different connections: (1) an RJ-45 connector, (2) a 3-pin 3.55mm screw terminal, and (3) a 3-pin 0.1" pitch header and none of these output connectors come populated.
- User Selectable Termination Resistor via jumper
- User Selectable Separate biased Termination Resistor via jumper
- RS-485 input/output broken out to RJ-45 connector, 3.5mm screw terminal, and 0.1" pitch header
- On Board Power/RX/TX/RTS LED Indicator.
- Operate from USB Supply
- Compact High Quality Two layer PTH PCB.
- Professional EMI/RFI Complaint PCB Layout Design for Noise Reduction.
- Mini-B USB Connector
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- Automatically switches between Transmit and Receive Mode
- On Board FT232R USB UART IC.
- LED Indicator for Data Transmission,Reception and Direction.
- Supports data transfer from 300 Baud to 3 Mega Baud.
- FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases
- Unique USB FTDIChip-ID™ feature.
- FIFO receive and transmit buffers for high data throughput.
- Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number.
- Low operating and USB suspend current.
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
Documents & Downloads:
There are currently no any reviews about this product.
There are currently no any question about this product.