Description: This small digital distance sensor detects objects between 2 and 10 cm (0.8" and 4") away. With its quick response time, small size, and low current draw, this sensor is a good choice for non-contact object detection.The output, Vo, is driven low when the sensor detects an object; otherwise, the output is high.
The GP2Y0D810Z0F detects objects between 2 cm and 10.25 cm away. There are a few millimeters of hysteresis around the maximum range threshold and no hysteresis at the minimum range threshold.
- This sensors will only tell you if there is an object within the detection range along their lines of sight; it will not tell you how far away the object is.
- This sensor requires external components and has a non-standard 1.5 mm pitch, which can make it difficult to integrate into projects based on a 0.1" pitch. We recommend buying a carrier board for this sensor that includes these required components and provides a 0.1"-pitch, three-pin interface: ground, power, and digital output.
Some example applications include:
- Break-beam sensor or photogate alternative
- Non-contact bumper or obstacle detector
- A counter or timer of objects as they pass by
Operating voltage: 2.7 V to 6.2 V
Average current consumption: 5 mA (typical)
Distance measuring range : 2 cm to 10 cm (0.8" to 4")
Output type: digital signal (low when detecting an object, high otherwise)
Steady state response time: 2.56 ms typical (3.77 ms max)
Package size: 13.6 x 7 x 7.96 mm (0.53" x 0.27" x 0.31")
Weight: 0.7 g (0.02 oz)