This is a third generation POT (Patch Antenna On Top) GPS module. This POT GPS receiver providing a solution that high position and speed accuracy performances as well as high sensitivity and tracking capabilities in urban conditions & provides standard NMEA0183 strings in “raw” mode for any microcontroller. The module provides current time, date, latitude, longitude, speed, altitude and travel direction / heading among other data, and can be used in a host of applications, including navigation, tracking systems, fleet management,mapping and robotics.
This is a stand alone GPS Module and requires no external components except power supply decoupling capacitors.It is built with internal RTC Back up battery.It can be directly connected to Microcontroller's USART.The module is having option for connecting external active antenna if necessary.
The GPS chipsets inside the module are designed by MediaTek Inc.,which is the world's leading digital media solution provider and largest fab-less IC company in Taiwan. The module can support up to 51 channels. The GPS solution enables small form factor devices. They deliver major advancements in GPS performances, accuracy, integration, computing power and flexibility. They are designed to simplify the embedded system integration process.
• TTL asynchronous serial interface
• Data output Baud rate: 9600 bps(Default)
• Single 3.3 VDC supply @ 55 mA (typical)
• Standard NMEA0183 output format
• Standard 8-pin header interface (.100" spacing).
• Based on MediaTek Single Chip Architecture.
• Dimension: 26mm x 26mm x 11.7mm
• Patch Antenna Size: 25mm x 25mm x 4mm
• Low Power Consumption: 55mA @ acquisition, 40mA @ tracking
• L1 Frequency, C/A code, 51-channel
• High Sensitivity: Up to -158 dBm tracking, superior urban performances1
• Position Accuracy: < 3m CEP (50%) without SA (horizontal)
• Cold Start is Under 36 seconds (Typical)
• Warm Start is Under 34 seconds (Typical)
• Hot Start is Under 1 second (Typical)
• Max. Update Rate : 5Hz (Default: 1 Hz)
• RoHS Compliant