This is a compact and ready to use circuitry which performs the base for USB (Universal Serial Bus) to two wire RS485 (2 Wire Half Duplex) and vice versa conversion. The board holds an FT232R USB UART IC to switch between both the USB and RS485 standards. This module enables to interface any of the USB holding devices with the RS485 supporting device. The unit is powered from USB bus.
USB to RS485 Converter Features
• USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
• Compact High Quality Two layer PTH PCB.
• Professional EMI/RFI Complaint PCB Layout Design for Noise Reduction.
• Automatically switches between Transmit and Receive Mode.
• On Board RS 485 Connector.
• On Board FT232R USB UART IC.
• On Board Power LED Indicator.
• LED Indicator for Data Transmission and Reception.
• Supports data transfer from 300 Baud to 3 Mega Baud.
• FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases
• Unique USB FTDIChip-ID™ feature.
• FIFO receive and transmit buffers for high data throughput.
• Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number.
• USB powered.
• Low operating and USB suspend current.
• Low USB bandwidth consumption.
• UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
• Screw Terminal for connectivity.
• Jumper for Termination