The 3-axis accelerometer module made by 'Liquidware" carries an MMA7260QT chip from Freescale. The MMA7260QT operates in 4 selectable sensitivity modes, +/- 1.5g, 2g, 4g, and 6g. It also offers a 1-pole low pass filter as well as temperature compensation. Furthermore, the MMA7260QT has a Sleep Mode function, ideal for use in portable, battery powered devices.
The accelerometer operates between 2.2 and 3.6V. Because of the low-voltage chips that have been damaged by 5V standard Arduino outputs, this board is equipped with built-in 5V tolerance protection.
The 3-axis accelerometer module comes as a kit with two 4-pin male headers, and is especially handy for determining sensitive changes in orientation.
- Laptop PC: Freefall Detection
- Cell Phone: Image Stability, Text Scrolling, Motion Dialing, E-Compass
- Pedometer: Motion Sensing
- Portable Handheld: Text Scrolling
- Navigation and Dead Reckoning: E-Compass Tilt Compensation
- Gaming: Tilt and Motion Sensing, Event Recorder
- Robotics: Motion Sensing
- Built-in 5V tolerance protection
- Selectable Sensitivity (1.5g/2g/4g/6g)
- Low Current Consumption: 500 μA
- Sleep Mode: 3 μA
- Low Voltage Operation: 2.2 V – 3.6 V
- High Sensitivity (800 mV/g @ 1.5g)