Description : Spectrum SM5100B GSM/GPRS module is a miniature, single-side board, quad-band GSM 850/EGSM 900/DCS 1800/PCS 1900 module, ready for integration in various kinds of Fix wireless phones and other wireless devices.
- Temperature range : Normal range: -10°C to +55°C (full compliant)
- Storage: -40°C to +85°C
- Weight:< 9g
- Physical dimensions:35.0X39.0X2.9 mm (typical)
- Connection:60 pins
- Power supply: VBAT: 3.3V to 4.2V range, 3.6V typical.
- Power consumption
Off mode: <100uA
Sleep mode: <2.0mA
Idle mode: <7.0mA (average)
Communication mode: 350 mA (average,GSM)
Communication mode: 2000mA (Typical peak during TX slot,GSM)
- Li-ion Battery charging management and interface (OPTION) : Li-ion Battery charging management is included. The charger interface is provided on 60-pin connector. (only for 3.7V Li-ion Battery)
- Frequency bands:EGSM900 +GSM850+ DCS1800+PCS1900
- Transmit power: Class 4 (2W) for EGSM900/GSM850
Class 1 (1W) for DCS1800/PCS1900
- Supported SIM card
3V/1.8V SIM card. (auto recognise)
- Keyboard interface: 4x6 keyboard interface is provided
- UART0 interface with flow control
Up to 460 kbps
Full hardware flow control signals (+3.0V) are provided on 60 pins.
- UART1 interface without flow control
2-Wire UART interface
Up to 460 kbps
- LCD interface:Support standard SPI interface
Difference between Spectrum SM5100B four band GSM/GPRS Modem Module and SM5100B Four Bands GPRS DTU Version
SM5100B four band GSM/GPRS Modem Module only supports AT commands. Host uses AT commands to dial a number, send SMS, and GPRS connection.
SM5100B Four Bands GPRS DTU Version supports both AT commanads mode and DTU mode. In DTU mode, the user can configure the remote host IP address, port etc. After that, host can treat the DTU module as a normal serial port, and all raw data sent to serial port will appear at the remote host side without any extra work.
- User manual
- Reference Schematics
- Antenna Options
- SMS Application Note
- GPRS Application Note
- AT commands manual